My husband found these high protein flat breads at Wegmans while he was buying the high protein bread he eats for breakfast. We bought so that we could make healthy pizzas. My husband calls them the best home made pizza I ever made even though I was out of the ingredients that I would normally use. I made it with what we had in the refrigerator. And yes, they were mighty tasty!
Part skim mozzarella cheese
Grilled eggplant and zucchini (I had a frozen bag from Trader Joe’s)
Pizza sauce (I used Wegmans Pomodoro sauce as I had on hand. TJ’s has the best pizza sauce)
- Preheat the oven to 425 F
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. I lined two because I made two pizzas – One w/ olives for the hubby and one w/o olives for me
- Place the flat bread on the cookie sheet.
- Smear the pizza sauce evenly on the flat bread
- Sprinkle mozzarella evenly on top
- Sprinkle the toppings
- Bake for 8-9 minutes till slightly crisp – the edges will start to brown
- Take out and bake
I love to add peppers and mushrooms to pizza, but, I didn’t have any. Be mindful not to add too many toppings. It gets hard to pick up and eat as the base is really thin.